[OpenSIPS-Users] memory consumed by t_relay

microx acmicrox at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 12:06:38 CEST 2013

Hi Bogdan-Andrei,

Thanks for your comment. I elaborate my environment first. In my test
environment, the outbound proxy is set to have 512m shared memory (2m local
memory for each process). I use SIPp to simulate 80 concurrent calls (each
call in one round: INVITE->200 ok->ACK->pause 1.5 seconds->BYE->pause 2
seconds). SIPp runs one round after one round. When the following messages
are shown (about 60,000 calls processed, sorry for the wrong number in my
original post), I stop SIPp.
"WARNING:core:fm_malloc: Not enough free memory, will atempt defragmenation
ERROR:tm:new_t: out of mem
ERROR:tm:t_newtran: new_t failed"

With top (linux command), I find OpenSIPS at the outbound proxy consumes
more and more memory as SIPp continues running. OpenSIPS at the internal SIP
server consumes nearly constant memory. I check the number of
tm:inuse_transactions at the outbound proxy and find the number is basically
in the range of 400-500. The attached file is my configuration file for the
outbound proxy. Please take a look at it and let me know the possible reason
for this issue. Thanks so much.

opensips.cfg
<http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/file/n7586103/opensips.cfg>

Best regards,