[OpenSIPS-Users] Registrar Module + GRUU + Multiple Instances: Causes Infinite Loop

Tolga Tarhan tolga at netbrains.com
Sat Apr 27 01:41:41 CEST 2013

Hello,

When using the registrar module with GRUU-enabled clients, where multiple
clients with different sip.instance identifiers register for the same AOR,
an infinite loop is encountered in lookup.c while attempting to resolve a
temporary GRUU.

In the 1.9.0 source, the problem is in modules/registrar/lookup.c between
lines 165 and 174, in while(it). Since the "it" pointer is never advanced
to the next item in the list, it's possible (likely) that we'll just get
stuck in this while loop forever when there's more than one sip instance
registered.

I've created and verified a patch for this problem. It can be found here:
http://netbrains-misc.s3.amazonaws.com/opensips/opensips-fix-register-lookup-gruu.patch

Please let me know if there's something else I need to do to get the patch
accepted upstream.

Thanks,
Tolga Tarhan