[OpenSIPS-Users] memory consumed by t_relay

microx acmicrox at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 08:26:55 CEST 2013

Hi all,

In my environment, I have an outbound proxy and two internal SIP proxy
servers. The outbound proxy listens on two interfaces where one is
(61.60.x.x) for communication with outside UAs and the other is
(192.168.x.x) for communication with internal SIP server. When the outbound
proxy receives a SIP message from outside UA, it uses
force_send_socket(udp:192.168.x.x:5060) and t_relay() to forward the SIP
message to some internal SIP proxy server. On the other hand, when the
outbound proxy gets a SIP message from internal SIP server, it uses
force_send_socket(udp:61.60.x.x) and t_relay() to forward the message to the
destined UA.

After processing about 10,000 INVITEs, the outbound proxy runs out of its
allocated memory. The reason seems to be the use of t_rely() which generates
transactions. If so, when the transaction data will be cleared from the
memory at the outbound proxy (the outbound proxy forwards BYEs as well)? Or
whether some functions can be used in the configuration file to remove such
transaction data?

I had tried to use send() instead of t_relay() since send() is stateless.
However, force_send_socket does not take effect for send(). Specifically,
when the outbound proxy uses force_send_socket(udp:192.168.x.x:5060) and
send() to forward a SIP message to some internal SIP proxy server, the SIP
message is actually sent with 61.60.x.x rather than 192.168.x.x.

Can anyone instruct me how to solve this issue? Deeply thanks for any
comment.

Best regards,
Chen-Che