[OpenSIPS-Users] Equal priority and weight SRV authentication

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Mon Apr 22 13:21:44 CEST 2013

Hello Chris,

The INVITE (2) is not a re-INVITE, but an initial INVITE - it does not
belong to the same dialog as INVITE (1).

Considering that they are 2 different initial requests, based on DNS
lookup, it is impossible to force their routing to the same back server
(at least not based on SIP signalling).

A solution may be:
     - when the 407 is send back to uac, opensips makes an short entry
(10 secs lifetime) in localcache, remembering the mapping between the
auth nonce and the server which generated it.
     - when opensips receives an INVITE with credential, you check in
localcache for the mapping with received nonce -> you will know where to
send it (the server).

So you actually do DNS only for the INVITEs without credentials.

Best regards,