[OpenSIPS-Users] What to do when one user agent leaves suddenly?

microx acmicrox at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 03:16:45 CEST 2013

Hi Max and Bogdan-Andrei,

Very grateful for your comments. However, at a first glance, I find that RFC
4208 says in Section 8.3:
"When the current time equals or passes the session expiration for a
session, the proxy MAY remove associated call state, and MAY free any
resources associated with the call.  Unlike the UA, it *MUST NOT* send a
BYE."

If I don't misunderstand it, RFC 4208 requires a proxy server not to send a
BYE to the other user agent in my issue. RFC 4208 seems to suggest that the
two UAs are responsible for whether their session has timeout. So I guess I
don't have to implement any mechanism to terminate that kind of dialog in my
issue. Any comment is appreciated.

Best wishes,
Chen-Che