[OpenSIPS-Users] What to do when one user agent leaves suddenly?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Tue Apr 9 09:58:35 CEST 2013

Hi Chen-Che,

The detection of such a ghost call be done by the remaining UAC (in the
call) - it will have a media timeout event (not receiving any media from
the other party), so it should send a BYE.

Now, relying on the UAC to detect and hang up may not be satisfactory -
some do the work, some don't.

You can also do the detection on the proxy:
     1) based on signaling, if you do in-dialog pinging (OPTIONS) - this
is a light way of doing it, but not all UAC properly answer to in-dialig
pings - here you can use the "pP" flags from dialog creation.
     2) based on a timeout from media relay - rtpproxy can detect when
there is no more media for an ongoing call and it generates a timeout
event back to opensips -> opensips, via dialog module, will send BYE in
both directions, terminating the call at signaling level.