[OpenSIPS-Users] Questions on hiredis client working with a "redis cluster"

Vlad Paiu vladpaiu at opensips.org
Wed Oct 31 17:15:31 CET 2012

Hello,

The current OpenSIPS cachedb_redis implementation does not support the
Redis Sentinel.
I see it's a relatively new concept, currently only part of the Redis
/unstable/ branch.

The way the cachedb_redis module currently handles clusters  in OpenSIPS
is that, at startup, it takes a snapshot of the Cluster ( with each
server handling what hash bucket ) and then, for each operation, it
internally runs CRC16 and detects the hash bucket and directs the query
to the specific server in the cluster.

Regards,

Vlad Paiu
OpenSIPS Developer