[OpenSIPS-Users] [OpenSIPS-Devel] [RELEASES] Planing OpenSIPS 1.9.0 major release

Ali Pey alipey at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 14:53:58 CET 2012

Hi Bogdan,

Saul is correct. The key thing is to support WebSocket transport. WebRTC is
becoming quite popular and seems to be the thing of future. It is already
added in asterisk (version 11 released last week) and it is being added to
Kamalio. Using OverSIP and the OpenSIPS would make things just more complex
specially for larger deployments.

Also, deployments that are already using opensips would want to provide
WebRTC based apps and it makes a lot of sense to natively support it with
opensips. Asterisk's implementation seemed quite complete. Maybe you can
have a look at that.

Regards,
Ali Pey