[OpenSIPS-Users] High Volume MediaProxy

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Tue Oct 2 11:12:44 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Oct 2, 2012, at 1:02 AM, Jeff Pyle wrote:

> Hi Ali,
>
> On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Ali Pey <alipey at gmail.com> wrote:
> Also Media proxy can not run on a virtual environment: http://mediaproxy.ag-projects.com/

Well... you can run it, but you shouldn't. If you run MediaProxy in a VM with a dedicated network card (using passthrough) and a public IP address on it there should be no problem. Assuming there are no timing issues in the kernel, which shouldn't be the case these days. But there is overhead. And interrupts.

> I see that on the Wiki.  I run the dispatcher in a VM environment with no issues.  I suspect that requirement is directed more towards the relay.  I have run the relay in a Xen environment with no issues also, although I don't in production.  Is there a particular reason, interrupt load perhaps?

Yes. Even if it's just a little, there is always some overhead.