[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips and FS scenario

Muhammad Shahzad shaheryarkh at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 16 11:29:28 CET 2012

Keep your architecture simple so you can scale better. Use opensips only
for registration and call routing and let FS handle calls with all your
business logic etc.

Thank you

On Nov 16, 2012 11:03 AM, "Miha" <miha at softnet.si> wrote:

> On 11/16/2012 10:58 AM, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:
>>
>> On Nov 16, 2012, at 8:10 AM, Miha wrote:
>>
>>> Hi to all,
>>>
>>> I am having on one FS server about 1300 users. As I would like to
migrate for abour 10k users from other softswitch to FS I need a little
help about implementation.

>>> I would like to put Opensips before FS so that Opensips would do
load_balacing, registration, etc (more FS servers).

>>> My question. Now FS is only one but it is doing everything
(registration, enum, CFWD, radius, xml_cdr (posting to web server which
parse and put it in mysql)).

>>> What whould you suggest to use Opensips for load_balacing and
registration and to do FS enum, radius_accounting,cdr,... or you use FS for
media handling and put enum, radius,.. etc on Opensips?

>>> I am doing this for the first the with opensips so that is why I am
asking to know which is the best way.
>>> And one another thing: what about opensips performace for about 10k
users (registration and load_balacing).

>> Everything you said can be done just fine with OpenSIPS :-) Do you use
any advanced dialplan features like IVRs?