[OpenSIPS-Users] REFER erroneous retransmissions

Damien Sandras dsandras at seconix.com
Tue Mar 20 16:03:32 CET 2012

Dear all,

We are using opensips TRUNK together with Asterisk. Some requests like
PUBLISH, SUBSCRIBE, MESSAGE are directly routed between peers but normal
calls are still routed through Asterisk (that is a temporary solution).

However, we noticed that even though a REFER sent by a phone has been
accepted by Asterisk (202 Accepted) and a NOTIFY has been sent, OpenSIPs
tries retransmitting the exact same REFER after T1_Timer like if it had
not been accepted by the remote endpoint. This is the only request for
which it happens and I don't understand why.

Is there something we are missing ? What can I check ?

The wireshark capture is here :
http://www.ekiga.net/misc/failed_refer.pcap

Can somebody help ?

Thank you,