[OpenSIPS-Users] Planning major release - OpenSIPS 1.8.0

Vlad Paiu vladpaiu at opensips.org
Wed Mar 14 12:42:30 CET 2012

Hello,

Just updated that page you provided, as the future 1.8 will also have a
Cassandra connector for the Key-Value interface.

The Key-Value interface is quite similar, in concept, to the DB
interface. The core holds the actual interface, that offers general
methods for operating with a Key-Value back-end, while the actual
connectors to the back-ends are in the form of new modules, like
cachedb_redis or cachedb_cassandra.

So if you want to also allow communication with a MongoDB cluster, you
would have to add a new module, let's say cachedb_mongodb, that
implements the MongoDB specific operations, like connecting to a MongoDB
cluster, fetching keys, etc.

In time, if we feel the need for it, we might extend the set of
supported NoSQL back-ends.
Of course, contributions are very much appreciated, so if you plan in
developing a MongoDB connector for OpenSIPS based on the K-V interface,
take a look at the cachedb_* existing modules and you should get a good
idea about how the interface works and how it should be used.

Regards,

Vlad Paiu
OpenSIPS Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com