[OpenSIPS-Users] Dialog distribution

Mariana Arduini marianarduini at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 13:36:53 CET 2012

Hello,

I've been searching a lot on how to have more than one OpenSIPS handling
messages from the same dialog (for example, the initial request goes to
server #1 and the sequential requests go to server #2, in case server #1
goes down). I've tried pointing the db_url to the same database on both
servers, setting db_mode parameter to 1 (flush all dialog data into DB
immediately), setting the db_update_period to a smaller value than the
default but didn't work, except for when we stop server #1 smoothly. Even
so, some header translations we should do were not performed.

I'm supposed to find out how a distributed key-value store like Redis can
be useful on that. I've seen the example in the Key-value Interface
Tutorial but I have no idea on how to transfer dialog values, flags along
with other dialog state information from the database to a KVP store. Would
it be something like having a whole new dialog module that uses a
distributed cache_db instead? Sounds hard to accomplish...

Is this http://lists.opensips.org/pipermail/users/2012-February/020657.html
supposed
to do what I need? Is there any example of use anywhere? What I got from it
is just profiling distribution, I don't get how could this allow all dialog
state to be shared...

Thanks a lot for any pointer or help.
Mariana.