[OpenSIPS-Users] SBC Edge

Joe Moffatt joemoffatt at me.com
Thu Mar 1 22:26:41 CET 2012

I am struggling mightily.    I just installed OpenSIPS, but very confused.  I've deployed hundreds of Asterisk boxes, but this is challenging.

Ideally, I want to setup OpenSIPS to handle far end NAT traversal and forward REGISTER requests to my switch (Happens to be a Metaswitch).

In the commercial world, SBC's allow end user devices to use their public IP as a outbound proxy, and the switch sees the IP address of the proxy as it's registered location.

Is this possible?  I have no idea how to do that.

joe