[OpenSIPS-Users] Is it safe to disable db_check_from?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Fri Jun 22 00:32:54 CEST 2012

Hi Adam,

The idea behind the db_check_from() is that in SIP you have the SIP user
and the auth SIP - and you may have any relation between them - like
bob at sip.com may authenticate with whatever auth credentials (user + pwd)
that are valid.

The function forces either an 1-1 mapping between SIP and auth users,
either uses the uri table to create a custom mapping - like what SIP
user is allowed to use what auth user.

If you disable the function, any SIP user will be able to use any valid
auth credentials.