[OpenSIPS-Users] Text Message Duplication

Nick Altmann nick.altmann at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 08:35:57 CEST 2012

Bogdan,

in some cases, if other side answer slowly, when opensips authenticate
MESSAGE, client generates retransmits.
If in opensips modparam("auth", "disable_nonce_check", 1) (default),
we receive such dialog:

CLIENT      OPENSIPS
>> MESSAGE
<< 401 with first nonce
>> MESSAGE

long timeout, server after opensips doesn't answer…

>> MESSAGE (retransmit with first nonce)
<< 401 with second (another!!!) nonce
>> MESSAGE with another CALLID, because second authentication

long timeout, server after opensips doesn't answer…

>> MESSAGE (retransmit with second nonce)
<< 401 with third (another!!!) nonce
>> MESSAGE with another CALLID, because third authentication

<< 200 OK

Server after opensips receives 3 MESSAGE packets with another CSEQ and
another CALLID.

I solved this situation with disabling disposable nonces:
modparam("auth", "nonce_expire", 120)
modparam("auth", "disable_nonce_check", 1)

--
Nick