[OpenSIPS-Users] Call per second - OpenSIPS performance

Ali Pey alipey at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 19:38:38 CEST 2012

Hello Everyone,

I have OpenSIPS setup on a fairly powerful server in trunking mode and am
using SIPp to do performance testing. With basic call scenarios I can only
get 7 or 8 call per second which seems very slow. When I look at the
network captures, I see the opensips is running behind which results to re
transmissions, etc.

What call per second number should I expect? Currently I am only using the
Dynamic Routing module.
What can I do to improve the performance?

I have increased the number of children process or memory but didn't make a
difference. The CPU is not too busy either, it's around 80% idle.

I am running out of ideas. Anyone has any experience with this that they
can share?

Regards,
Ali Pey