[OpenSIPS-Users] Late media offer/answer..

sindrek rauskjegg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 17:06:45 CEST 2012

Hi folks,

I'm an opensips rookie ... :-)

I am trying to solve a late media problem for our porta one platform. It
does not support invites with no SDPs.

The idea is to use opensips as a front end and insert a fake sdp (with a
commonly used codec) for clients not sending sdp's in their invites. I'm not
sure if this is possible, but I'm trying ..

The opensips front end must relay sip messages back and forth to the porta
sip server including register messages. I have tried to use
rewritehostport("172.17.11.100:5060") where 172.17.11.100 is the porta one
server (registrar/proxy ++).

The problem is that when opensips rewrite the host port in the register
messages this ip addres is stored in the porta one location db and not the
client ip address. So then porta thinks all endpoints resides there ..

So if any of you got an idea how to solve this I will be veeery happy :-)

I have not began investigating how to insert the the SDP yet (any hint would
be nice too).

I'm using opensips 1.8 from svn on centos 6.

:-)