[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips performance testing

Tarik Tankovic ttankovic at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 20:17:15 CET 2012

Hi,

I am doing some OPENSIPS performance testing by using two SIPP's. One
SIPP is using a little bit modified UAC scenario and the second one is
using a little bit modified UAS scenario. OPENSIPS is acting as a
stateful UDP proxy without authentification.

I have changed only one parameter in this test bed of mine and that is
children parameter in Global parameters section of the opensips.cfg
file. I was a little surprised to see that the best result
(throughput, presented in the form of cps) I got when used children=1,
than children=10 and after that children=4.
I did 5 tests for each value (of the children parameter) that lasted
180 seconds and after that I did some averaging.

Can anyone give me some explanation for this strange result of mine?

Thanks,

Tarik