[OpenSIPS-Users] Which way now?

Russ East russ at omahapoolplayers.com
Fri Jan 13 20:24:32 CET 2012

Hello guys.

I've been trying to avoid asking for some advice, but three weeks into
studying, watching the webinars, reading the forums, mail-lists, and
testing I've reached a point of "Now What!". I can't find a clear path
in the documentation for what I am trying to do, even though the task
seems very simple!

I put in a second Cisco 5400 for our local DID numbers (Direct Inward
Dial -  not dialog ID) from the PSTN over VoIP.  The PSTN will only send
to one IP and will not accept redirects, so I though I just needed a
"simple" proxy and load balance to the ciscos.  Seven or eight years ago
I helped a friend setup openSER serving two asterisks - no problem.  But
I am having problems here going to the ciscos and am trying to find
which combination of modules I need to use...

I believe I need to go to topology hiding and a media proxy.  Do I use
rtp_proxy or something else like MediaProxy?

Here's what I want to accomplish... I need to successfully send the
calls to the ciscos, balanced.  All are public IP addresses.

Attached is a sample of my most recent failed attempt with call scenario
data, mysql data, route script and sip trace.

Any advice or examples would be appreciated!

Thank you,
Russ