[OpenSIPS-Users] reason headers

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Fri Jan 6 13:50:53 CET 2012

Hi,

On Jan 6, 2012, at 11:49 AM, Jan D. wrote:

> Dear Saúl,
>
> This could be the case:
> Sent to opensips:        Reason: Q.850;cause=16
> From opensips to ATA: Reason: SIP;cause=487;text=ORIGINATOR_CANCEL
>
> So the Reason header is different, this is true.
>
> If I read the TM docs:
> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/devel/tm.html#id293417
>
> 0x08 - If the request is a CANCEL, trust and pass further the Reason header
> from the received CANCEL - shortly, will propagate the Reason header.
>
> So I presume the Reason header should be sent to the ATA with ie. a
> t_relay(0x08), but not with a t_relay() or a t_relay(0x05), please correct
> me if i'm wrong.

Yes. But take into account that what that flag does is propagate the Reason header, that is, add it to the generated CANCEL if the *received* CANCEL already has one. I don't think that is your scenario. In your scenario OpenSIPS is the one sending the CANCEL with a Reson, right?

> The question still is: How can I push a Cancel without a Reason header to
> the ATA, even if the original headers contain a Reason header?

If the CANCEL is locally generated perhaps you could catch it in a local route and remove the header there... is that possible Vlad?

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects