[OpenSIPS-Users] Problem with uac_replace_from

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Wed Feb 29 12:53:46 CET 2012

Hi Steven,

The reason for not storing/restoring the display name is simple: this
information has no value in regards to the SIP dialog (it does not
affect or interfere with the dialog state, as the FROM URI does) and it
is used only in the initial invites - to be displayed when receiving a
call ; in the sequential requests, it is not used at all.

A good practice (or at least what we do on our systems) is to delete the
display name in the sequential requests if the display in initial invite
was changed (more for privacy purposes).