[OpenSIPS-Users] Caller doesn't hear ringing in ear when using append_branch and serial_branches/next_branches

osiris123d duane.larson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 23:37:57 CET 2012

The issue is that I don't have a media server. This is all done with
OpenSIPS relaying. Here is an example that kind of goes against what you
say with the 180 and 183 messages.

http://pastebin.com/NF6D6f4v

In this example the Caller first calls a user local to OpenSIPS. Then the
call is forked and a user out on the PSTN network is called. Finally
another fork occurs and a local user is called.

local user 9012732009 Q = 90 Called First Caller hears ringing
PSTN user 90121X8X63 Q = 50 Called Second Caller hears ringing
local user 9013349019 Q = 40 Called Last Caller hears ringing

So you would think that on the last call the Caller would not hear ringing
in his ear but he does.

So my first example had the following
Callee1 sends a 183
Callee2 sends a 180 <---- No ringing

My second example had the following
Callee1 sends a 180
Callee2 sends a 183
Callee3 sends a 180 <---- Caller can hear ring in ear just fine

So on my second scenario is it because the first callee sends a 180 that
the third callee sending a 180 doesn't mess things up??? Perhaps this
isn't a bug and we can move this conversation to the mailing list, but I
figure OpenSIPS would need a way to fix this or else other people will run
into this say issue when appending branches and calling out to PSTNs that
send back 180 when the second callee sends a 183.

I tested the first scenario with Blink being the Caller and Blink was not
able to hear ringing in the ear when the second callee was called.

--
View this message in context: http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/Caller-doesn-t-hear-ringing-in-ear-when-using-append-branch-and-serial-branches-next-branches-tp7276788p7323607.html