[OpenSIPS-Users] can't get any logs on centos

J.R. Pauley jrpauley at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 23:08:53 CET 2012

If I rename the logfile to 'sips' same results. When I restart
/etc/init.d/syslog restart it creates an empty logfile of the correct name
 /var/log/sips but with the log_name=sips and log_facility=LOG_LOCAL7 in
the /etc/opensips/opensips.cfg file I cannot start opensips at all.
Commenting out those 2 lines opensips starts but nothing is written to
/var/log/sips. The remainder of my opensips.cfg file is simply the example
cfg for logging that came with the tar.

I need to go back and rebuild because I left out the mysql but I can't
figure out why no logs. Is there a useful default if no config file exists
at all?