[OpenSIPS-Users] Engage media proxy corrupts sdp c= when dynamic routing

Charles Solar charlessolar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 22:21:15 CET 2012

I have been using engage_media_proxy in my script, but it seems to cause
problems when I failover in the dynamic routing module.
This is the scenario:

1. Incoming call
2. Engage media proxy
3. Try first GW (which is down)
4. Failure route
5. Try next GW
6. Next GW sends Session progress & invite
7. Media proxy module 'fixes' my SDP contact twice

My SIP message end up with duplicated SDP contact info.  For example: c=IN

If the first gateway works, this does not happen.  In fact it works
perfectly.  But I guess engage_media_proxy or the dialog module is having
an issue with a failure scenario?

My failure route is pretty simple:

failure_route[4] {
        xlog("L_INFO", "Failure Route: $rm,  $fu,  $ru\n");

        if (use_next_gw()) {
                xlog("L_INFO", "Trying next gateway" );
        } else {
                xlog( "L_INFO", "Exhausted gateway list" );
                t_reply ("503", "Service not available");

Should I switch to use_media_proxy/end_media_session if I want to expect
failovers?  Or could I be doing something wrong?

Thanks guys