[OpenSIPS-Users] RFC: text pre-processing in OpenSIPS cfg file

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Wed Apr 11 17:54:00 CEST 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 10:41 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
<bogdan at opensips.org> wrote:
> Well, it is not only about personal preferences and how is nicer, etc...you
> should consider also the required work to do - at the end somebody has to
> implement this. And my questions is: considering that the development
> resources are limited, does it make sense to invest them in just creating an
> alternative to something already existing ?

I honestly didn't like using M4. And it's not an opensips thing, it's
an M4 thing. I just don't like M4. I'm sure it can be attributed to me
not really knowing it, but I found that I couldn't really do what I
wanted with it without some sort of hacking. I wanted to do
conditional includes and such. Maybe all I needed was some good
examples.

Is there anyway to build m4 into the opensips pre-processor? so
opensips can just run the m4 file?
-Brett