[OpenSIPS-Users] MediaProxy loading issues - I think I need some tuning here

Jock McKechnie jock.mckechnie at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 19:00:16 CEST 2012

>> I'm running a Deb Wheezy/Sid (unstable) release to keep up with the
>> latest dependencies for MediaProxy's build - which, I admit, I'm using
>> a build package from a few months ago.
>>
>> I've got iptables v1.4.12.2 running, with MediaProxy 2.5.1 (according
>> to the dpkg information after the debuild), so slightly behind that
>> fixed descriptor leak release.
>>
>> The loading on the box was clearly not right with whatever seems to be
>> going wrong, so my making any kind of assumptions on how well
>> MediaProxy works is unfair until I've got this sorted out.
>>

> The problem is indeed the file descriptor leak, which was fixed between 2.5.1 and 2.5.2. In case you want to verify this yourself, just use lsof on the media-relay PID and start a call: 4 new descriptors will show up, but after the call is ended they are not released.
>
> Please do upgrade to MediaProxy 2.5.2 and test again :-)
>
> FYI, we do have a public Debian repository with MediaProxy built for several Debian and Ubuntu versions, check it out: http://mediaproxy.ag-projects.com/projects/mediaproxy/wiki/InstallationGuide

Saúl,

You called it. Complete turn around in load-out - no more port
complaints and at 900 calls I'm seeing around 20% usage across four
cores. And the 'apt-get update' updates -relay for me, which I was
expecting to have to build (like I did initially), so I'm very
pleased.

When the system is humming along at 900 calls I started noticing these pop up:
warning: Aggregate speed calculation time exceeded 10ms: 10401us for
431 sessions
Googling shows that this is related to some statistics, so I've turned
it off for now to see how far I can push media-proxy.

Would you be able to recommend some other settings that I should make
to help mediaproxy-relay push as many calls as possible?

I'm very grateful for your help;

 - Jock