[OpenSIPS-Users] MediaProxy loading issues - I think I need some tuning here

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Wed Apr 4 17:10:26 CEST 2012

Hi Jock,

On Apr 4, 2012, at 3:10 PM, Jock McKechnie wrote:

> Thank you, Saúl, for your swift reply.
>
> I'm running a Deb Wheezy/Sid (unstable) release to keep up with the
> latest dependencies for MediaProxy's build - which, I admit, I'm using
> a build package from a few months ago.
>
> I've got iptables v1.4.12.2 running, with MediaProxy 2.5.1 (according
> to the dpkg information after the debuild), so slightly behind that
> fixed descriptor leak release.
>
> The loading on the box was clearly not right with whatever seems to be
> going wrong, so my making any kind of assumptions on how well
> MediaProxy works is unfair until I've got this sorted out.

The problem is indeed the file descriptor leak, which was fixed between 2.5.1 and 2.5.2. In case you want to verify this yourself, just use lsof on the media-relay PID and start a call: 4 new descriptors will show up, but after the call is ended they are not released.

Please do upgrade to MediaProxy 2.5.2 and test again :-)

FYI, we do have a public Debian repository with MediaProxy built for several Debian and Ubuntu versions, check it out: http://mediaproxy.ag-projects.com/projects/mediaproxy/wiki/InstallationGuide

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects