[OpenSIPS-Users] Question on dispatcher module

Alejandro Recarey alexrecarey at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 19:11:59 CEST 2011

Hello all,

I was reading the documentation on the dispatcher module and it says:

"Is dispatcher dialog stateful?

No. Dispatcher is stateless, although some distribution algorithms are
designed to select same destination for subsequent requests of the
same dialog (e.g., hashing the call-id)."

I am trying to load balance calls between different asterisk gateways,
and I think the round-robin algorithm would be ideal (I would like the
option of having a weighted round robin, but that is beside the
point). I don't understand the use of the dispatcher module if, for
example, the CANCEL request from the originating caller is sent to a
different asterisk box than the one that had the INVITE request. As
far as I can read into the module, there is no guarantee that the
requests in the same dialog will go to the same box.

How can I setup the dispatcher to load balance between asterisk gateways?

Regards,

Alex