[OpenSIPS-Users] Session-Expires with incoming calls from GW with client with no Session timers

joel.oliveira joel.oliveira at interacesso.pt
Tue Sep 13 20:11:52 CEST 2011

Hello all,

Being trying hard to get the SST to work with a gateway Cisco A5300.
Although it seemed to be working all the way, last week I found out it
wasn't. You see, when recieving a call via gateway to a user (that doesn't
support Session timers) in OpenSIPs, the first negotiation regarding the
Invitegoes out OK, with OpenSIPs adding the Session-Expires to the "200 OK"
reply because the client doesn't support Session-Expires ( supported: timer
). So now we have a placed call with a Session-Expires of 1800 because
that's what Cisco has by default.

After 15 minutes ( half of the 1800 seconds defined above ), Cisco does a
Re-Invite that goes out OK but for some reason OpenSIPs doesn't add the
Session-Expires header in the "200 OK" reply from the client. That way Cisco
doesn't know that it needs to do the Re-Invite and then the call only
endures for more 1800 seconds ( 30 minutes ). At the end of the 30 minutes
OpenSIPs sends Byes to the Gateway and the client because of the
session-timeout.

In my way of thinking OpenSIPs should add the Session-Expires header even if
it's a Re-Invite, right? I tryed to add the header "manually" and all but
couldn't find a way that on the onreply_route identify the Re-Invite and
with that adding the Session-Expires header.

My OpenSIPs script is available here: http://pastebin.com/Q2TUuUWq

Can somebody give me a hand on this? :) Thanks,
Joel Oliveira