[OpenSIPS-Users] Relaying instant messages to all UAs on same account

Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sat Sep 10 10:06:02 CEST 2011

I am having problems getting the following to work.

Alice has multiple registrations using the same credentials, lets call
them Alice[1] and Alice[2].

When Alice[1] sends an instant message to Bob then Alice[2] should also
get a copy of what Alice[1] sent.  It should not be sent back to the
original sender however, in this example Alice[1].

In this way the full conversation will appear on all registrations of
the same credentials instead of only seeing the responses.

If I just resend the message back to Alice then both will get it.  I
have tried to pull a list of contacts and filter the sender and resend
that way which failed.

I had thought of using the conferencing stuff but was having some issues
with that as well.  I had thought that if, on registration, I forced the
contact into a conference I could send a message to that conference as
well as to the original destination.  I have not been able to suitably
get this to work as well.

Any assistance getting this functionality to work would be appreciated.

--
Trixter aka Bret McDanel
website:  http://www.0xdecafbad.com