[OpenSIPS-Users] Multiple media relays on one server

JimDoesVoip jobrien at counterpath.com
Wed Oct 19 19:16:32 CEST 2011

Hi Saúl,

Thanks for the detailed reply.  Perhaps only to get the idea of running more
than one media relay /server out of my system:

Is there any reason (performance gain / resiliency / other?) to run 2
different instances of media-relay on an individual server, each connecting
to different/independent dispatchers?  I assume the two relay processes here
could share a single IP because they aren't connecting to the same
dispatcher?

Sad to say that I'm disappointed that I won't be using those extra cores :)
Perhaps it speaks to the elegance of the mediaproxy implementation.

Thanks again,

Jim O