[OpenSIPS-Users] Dealing with a invalid uri in Contact

Ryan Bullock rrb3942 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 23:29:41 CEST 2011

I am inter-oping with a device to do lookups on calls. This works by
sending the device a sip invite and it then sends back a 302 redirect
with the result as a user parameter in the contact uri. The problem I
am having is that the device does not include a domain in the contact
uri and opensips fails to parse it.

An example of a uri:
Contact: <sip:+15555555555;param=example@;user=phone>

In the failure route I attempt to call get_redirects to create new
branchs and then attempt to extract the parameters from the user
portion in the new branch.

However because of the missing domain opensips reports that it cannot
parse the contact header and no $ru is present in the created branch.
$ct is also populated with the contact header of the original invite.

Is there any way for me to access the contact header from the 302
directly in the failure route? Or some way to get access to it in the
new branch? Unfortunately there seems to be no way to modify the
results that are returned to us to include a proper contact uri.

Thanks,

Ryan