[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips Migration from 1.6.4 to 1.7.0

Max Mühlbronner mm at 42com.com
Mon Oct 3 11:29:52 CEST 2011

Hello,

I have migrated one Opensips instance from version 1.6.4 to 1.7.0
(Database/Config/..) everything was working fine but after running it for 24
hours under the same load (~2000 dialogs) I could see spikes of load caused
by opensips children processes.

This just goes for like 1 minute, then it returns to normal. But after some
time it happens again and I can clearly see the load is only caused by the
opensips processes. Nothing unusual in the logs (debug 0) , but after some
time it does not accept any new invites, does not reply to any packet and
sits there with high load. I probably should increase debugging and watch
the logs when Opensips stops responding to requests but the server is in
heavy production at the moment.

I will also try to replicate the issue by running a test virtual machine
with SIPP and generating a test load similar to the production system.

I know this description is very vague, but maybe someone else experienced
something similar? I already disabled unneeded modules like: presence, acc

The Opensips virtual machine is running on a virtual cluster based on KVM.
It is exactly the same VM where 1.6.4 is running without any problems.

I downgraded back to 1.6.4 copied my saved config, used old Database and
immediately everything was back to normal again. So probably nothing related
to the virtual machine?

Thankful for any thoughts about this.

Best Regards

Max M.