[OpenSIPS-Users] OPENSER failed to start because of FIFO file configuration

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Mon Nov 28 09:06:05 CET 2011

Hi Lukman,

The FIFO file is automatically created by openser/opensips , so there is
no need for you to create it before starting opensips - even more,
creating with "touch" is bogus as you will create a regular file and not
a fifo file.

Anyhow, in case of failed start, post the errors reported by opensips here.

On 11/28/2011 08:04 AM, Lukman Fikri wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> My Openser cannot start  when i add the following line in my
> "openser.cfg" configuration :
>
>     fifo="/tmp/openser_fifo"
>     fifo_db_url="mysql://username:password@localhost/openser"
>     fifo_mode=0666
>
> Whereas, i have added the openser_fifo file in /tmp directory by doing :
>     touch /tmp/openser_fifo
>
> If i delete the fifo config, the openser can start again normally.
>
> Why did this happen? And how to fix it?
> thanks before

OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"