[OpenSIPS-Users] BYE on 180 causing dialog loop

ddgiants ddgiants at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 16:46:37 CET 2011

Ok Vlad - you saved the day yet again. Your script in conjunction with CANCEL
handling which I found on Opensips site the call flows look good. As
suspected the UA sends a CANCEL once it receives the 481. I show the
abbreviated config below for those Googling like I did. I will also post
final config once complete. Let me ask you and the list this. Is there a
perfect dialog config out there? I see lots of configs but is there one that
is just perfect? I'd like to avoid potential looping and memory hog flows
and messages if I can help it. Trial and error is ok in lab but not in
production.

tx

*VLAD Portion *
  if (has_totag() && (uri == myself) && is_method("INVITE|ACK|BYE|UPDATE"))
{
    if(match_dialog()) {
      xlog(" in-dialog topology hiding request - $DLG_dir\n");
      if (is_method("BYE") && $DLG_status <= 2) {
        #reject invalid BYE
        send_reply("481","Dialog state does not allow BYE");
        exit;
      }
      route(1);
      exit;