[OpenSIPS-Users] best way to use one active one hot spare asterisk server behind OpenSIPS

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Wed Nov 9 20:06:53 CET 2011

You can simply forward all your calls to the active asterisk server
with a failover route to the hot spare.
If a failover occurred, mark your old hot spare as active and your old
active as spare (this will route future calls to your new active
asterisk server).

Another option would be to keep both asterisk servers active, and load
balance between them (with a failure route to the other one, in case
one is down)

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas