[OpenSIPS-Users] 'canonical' domain / user ID

Stefan Sayer stefan.sayer at googlemail.com
Tue May 24 15:32:42 CEST 2011

Hello,

in a typical OpenSIPS 1.6.* home proxy type of setup (i.e. where you
have opensips as registrar and home proxy) with aliases and
multi-domain support, e.g. the one from the default opensips.cfg, is
there a way to determine the 'canonical' domain and user ID, which is
properly the same for a user in all cases, e.g. when sending to voicemail?

I know there's e.g. $rd, but if my proxy listens on sip.mydomain.and
mydomain.net, then that may be either of them, or it may be the IP
address.

The only proper solution that comes to my mind is to set a user
preference (which would be like the primary key as afterthought...well
we know the history). But I guess that this is a recurring issue for
many things (aaa etc), so there should be a better solution i suppose.

Thanks!
Stefan