[OpenSIPS-Users] [OT] SIP presence and BLF testing tools

Andrew Pogrebennyk andrew.pogrebennyk at portaone.com
Thu May 12 13:45:09 CEST 2011

Is there any framework available to do functional and regression testing
of SIP presence and BLF? Ideally I'm looking for a tool for asserting
the signaling flow and contents of the XML body (state, version numbers
etc), also I'd like to be able to extract the tags and call-id into
variables so as to create INVITE with Replaces.

Working with message body variables in sipp is a pain. I'm also familiar
with SIPr, Net::SIP and a few others, but that doesn't look suitable for
someone without much development experience. Spirent is a perhaps a
little closer than others in implementing pickup scenario but awkward
when you go beyond the default test scenarios.

So I'm interested in any information, tips, suggestions, commercial
tools etc. I'm asking here 'cause judging from the quality of their
BLF&presence OpenSIPS and Kamailio got the testing process just right.

--
Sincerely,
Andrew Pogrebennyk