[OpenSIPS-Users] FIFO very fragile

Dave Singer dave.dorasinger at gmail.com
Mon May 9 22:39:18 CEST 2011

Brett,
I believe you need the full path to the reply fifo.
Try:
echo -e ":address_dump:/tmp/my_fifo\n\n" > /tmp/opensips_fifo

you may also have a permissions ( chmod a+w /tmp/my_fifo ) and/or SELinux
issue (very likely if SELinux is enabled, I posted a howto for SELinux in
the list a number of months back)

Dave

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 9:40 AM, Brett Nemeroff <brett at nemeroff.com> wrote:

> Hello List,
> So I've been doing some testing with the mi_fifo and found that it appears
> to be really fragile. Here's what I've done:
>
> mkfifo /tmp/my_fifo
> cat /tmp/my_fifo&
> echo -e ":address_dump:my_fifo\n\n" > /tmp/opensips_fifo
> *returns*
> 200 OK
>   48 <1.2.3.4,2, 0, 0, NULL, NULL>
> ** cat process ends
> cat /tmp/my_fifo&
> echo -e ":address_dump:my_fifo\n\n" > /tmp/opensips_fifo
> ** nothing
>
> At this point, I can't make the fifo work again until I restart opensips.
> If I detach from the fifo (kill the cat, so to speak), and reattach it
> doesn't work. Nothing seems to make it responsive again. At first I though
> something was horribly broken, but then I removed one of my \n from the fifo
> command and now it works "as expected". Two new-lines shouldn't break the
> fifo, right?
>
> Thanks!
> -Brett

David Singer