[OpenSIPS-Users] Re-Invite and 491 Request Pending

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Fri May 6 18:55:42 CEST 2011

Hi Alejandro,

The "fix" you have there does not make too much sense....as t_relay()
does internally a t_newtran() :)....

Another thing is that opensips does not generate a 491 by
itself....probably it generate by an upstream party...

Do you have a SIP capture from opensips machine, showing both inbound
and outbound traffic?

On 04/19/2011 02:50 AM, Alejandro Rios P. wrote:

> Hi all
>

> OpenSIPs seems to be sending a 491 Request Pending when a lot of
> RE-INVITES are received.
>

> I found out the following threads regarding this problem:
>
> http://opensips.org/pipermail/users/2010-May/012724.html
>
> http://www.mentby.com/Group/opensips-users/re-invite-problem-gt-491-request-pending.html
>

> So, it seems that I could get rid of that error by adding a
> t_newtran()  before t_relay() when I handle an ACK:
>
> http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.6.2/tm.html#id294024
>
> Like this:
>
> /        if ( is_method("ACK") ) {/
>
> /                if ( t_check_trans() ) {/
>
> /                        # non loose-route, but stateful ACK; must be
> an ACK after a 487 or e.g. 404 from upstream server/
>
> /t_newtran();/
>
> /                        t_relay();/
>
> /                        exit;/
>
> /                } else {/
>
> /                        # ACK without matching transaction ... ignore
> and discard.\n");/
>
> /                        xlog("L_WARN", "[$mi] discarding ACK\n");/
>
> /                        exit;/

> But I'm not sure if this is correct. I'd appreciate any comments to
> see if I missed something before testing live.
>

> Thank you and best regards,
>

> Alejandro Rios Peña
>

> DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed are my own, and not necessarily
> those of my employer.

OpenSIPS eBootcamp - 2nd of May 2011
OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"