[OpenSIPS-Users] Proxying Presence?

Anca Vamanu anca at opensips.org
Thu Mar 31 18:38:57 CEST 2011

Hi Stephen,

It depends on the type of presence you want ( depending also on what I
supported by you phones). If the phones are able to send Publish
messages ( if they support Presence Agent), then you can configure the
presence server feature in OpenSIPS. Then you will have to handle the
Subscribe and Publish messages on the server - see this tutorial:
http://www.opensips.org/Resources/PresenceServer. Also in the default
script you have the lines for the presence server, just uncomment those
and comment some other lines - follow the indications in the commentaries.
If you want to implement end-to-end presence, then you have to forward
the Subscribe to the other client - just call lookup() and t_relay() for it.

Anca Vamanu
OpenSIPS Developer