[OpenSIPS-Users] Killing confirmed no-ack dialogs

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Wed Mar 30 20:30:43 CEST 2011

Ovidiu,
It's been a number of things. The two latest problems causing this are:
1. 200 Ok sent to call originator, originator never sends an ack. BUT then
after about 15 seconds, the originator sends a BYE with a Max-Forwards of 0.
(!!). Believe it or not, this happens a lot. Dialog stays active for 12
hours in this case.

2. I have seen numerous UAs truncating RR uri params. Its ugly. Most of this
I've fixed by setting DID_FALLBACK for dialog matching.

There are numerous compatibility issues that I've seen pop up here are there
that cause these dialogs to get "stuck". Basically, I don't want any dialog
to stay in that unconfirmed state for any extended period of time. As Duane
was saying, there is a lot of sense in just writing a cron job that just
terminates dialogs that have been in that state for an extended period of
time (which I've considered doing) but really would like to do this in the
call flow itself.

I don't believe I've seen the race condition you mentioned. So you
mentioned:

"For case 1. the dialog timeout should be set to a short value and the
dialog should autoexpire by itself."

The problem is that I can't change the dialog timeout to be large once
confirmed, or at least, I don't know how. Specifically because the docs say
that for the dialog timeout avp, it can only be changed in a *request*.

Do you know some other way to do it?

Thanks,
Brett