[OpenSIPS-Users] media-relay exception

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Tue Mar 29 16:42:14 CEST 2011

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experience!

> I tried media-relay within a OpenVz container. As far as I can remember, I got same exceptions during call establishing:
>
>> mediaproxy.interfaces.system._conntrack.Error: Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)"
>

> OS: debian/ubuntu (2.6.26-2-openvz-amd64), python: 2.6.
>
> I think that this is openvz-related problem.

IIRC in openvz all virtual machines share the same kernel, so maybe some
access to kernel stuff is restricted / needs to be done in a different
way. Depending on how containers are isolated (i don't know how tis is
done in openvz) you would see all contrack rules (not only the ones
inserted by you), for example. I guess this is a bit tricky.

> I use media-relay on hardware machine now, but it would be nice to have ability deploy media-relay in virtual machine.

It should work out of the box if you run it using full-virtualization
with KVM or Xen :-)

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects