[OpenSIPS-Users] when engage_media_proxy() doesn't

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Thu Mar 17 09:34:59 CET 2011

On 16 Mar 2011, at 23:14, Jeff Pyle wrote:

> I took a stab at the non-automagic method with
> use_media_proxy()/end_media_session(). So far I've got just a first
> attempt using them, but it works well enough to get to get the media
> stream through the relay.
>
> What would cause engage_media_relay() to silently fail, but
> use_media_proxy() to work?
>
> I have verified there is a create_dialog() in the script before
> engage_media_relay() was called.  In fact all other dialog-related
> activity are okay.

It will not work like that (if the dialog is created before engage_media_proxy is called). When you call engage_media_proxy it will set the dialog flag (so that the dialog module will trace the call) and also sets another flag on the message to indicate that a media relay needs to be used. Later when the dialog is created, it will find this flag and register the callbacks to process the dialog messages. If you created the dialog prior to calling engage_media_proxy, the moment when it would have find the flag and registered the callbacks is already past. In other words, unless you have an explicit need to crate the dialog early, don't. By simply invoking engage_media_proxy, a dialog will be created for you (it automatically sets the dialog flag).

--
Dan