[OpenSIPS-Users] SIP REGISTER to other servers with OpenSIPS 2.0?

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Thu Mar 10 15:15:39 CET 2011

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 11:27 PM, Paul Wise <pabs3 at bonedaddy.net> wrote:
> Great news about the registrant module, unfortunately it isn't as
> full-featured as I would have hoped. If you need some ideas about things
> to add to it, these are the features I would need:
>
> Script functions and mi commands to make a contact go online/offline,
> add/remove contacts and reload the list of registrations.

MI commands are ok for this kind of control, but script commands not.
There are no proper hooks in the script for this.

> The ability to store all the data (username, domain, online/offline) in
> the database, with customisable database, table and column names.

That can be done too.

> The ability to store all contacts and a way to map an incoming call from
> the contact to a local user.

When an incoming call for a registration is received, the URI for the
received INVITE is taken from the Contact URI provided in the
registration.
It is up to the admin how the call is handled (perform a lookup
location for that user or perform some lcr routing ...).

> Alternatively the ability to set the
> contact for each registration.

This is already present: each AOR has it's own contact.

Please open a feature request on the tracker for each item.
As times permits, features will be implemented.

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas