[OpenSIPS-Users] t_relay behavior with 477 send failed

Amit Sharma asharma at 3clogic.com
Thu Mar 10 12:37:39 CET 2011

I am facing an issue similiar to the one outlined in the thread

http://lists.opensips.org/pipermail/users/2010-April/011783.html

 I am using the latest stable version of opensips (1.6.4) and tried the
solution outlined in the thread above.
The issue I have observed is that t_relay function doesn't return control to
the script in case of a send failure (e.g inability to establish TCP
connection etc)  and I recieve a 477 send failure on the client.

This is the relevant and simplified route block that I am using

  route{

          lookup();
          serialize_branches(1);
          next_branches();
          route(1);
  }

route[1]{
         xlog("L_ERR", "Before t_relay");
         t_relay();
         xlog("L_ERR", "After t_relay");

}

   The log statement after the call to t_relay doesn't get printed in case
the highest priority contact (TCP)  is unreachable.
   In essence any failover logic written on the return value of t_relay
doesn't execute.

Thanks,
Amit