[OpenSIPS-Users] New MediaProxy release 2.5.0

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Fri Jun 17 15:25:49 CEST 2011

On Jun 17, 2011, at 11:21 AM, Adrian Georgescu wrote:

> Hello,
>
> There is a new release of MediaProxy available with compatibility for newer iptables versions, latest Python dependencies and newer kernels.
>
> MediaProxy is a media relay for RTP/RTCP and UDP streams that works in tandem with OpenSIPS to provide NAT traversal capability for media streams from SIP user agents located behind NAT. MediaProxy supports ICE negotiation by behaving like a TURN relay candidate and the policy can be controlled from OpenSIPS configuration.
>
> The software is now ready packaged for the latest Debian and Ubuntu Linux distributions.
>
> mediaproxy (2.5.0) unstable; urgency=low
>
>  * Adapted to changes in python-application
>  * Fixed several pyflakes warnings
>  * Fixed encoding media information
>  * Adapted to changes in libipt and netfilter APIs
>  * Bumped Debian standards version to 3.9.2
>  * Reworked Debian packaging
>  * Added more user agent images taken from CDRTool
>  * Added specific iptables version dependency
>
> Installation and upgrade instructions area available here:
>
> http://mediaproxy-ng.org/wiki/InstallationGuide

A note for CentOS users:

As the installation guide now mentions, iptables >= 1.4.3 is required now. CentOS 5.6 has iptables version 1.3.5 and we could not maintain backwards compatibility any longer. Thus, CentOS 5.x users should stay on MediaProxy 2.4.4.

I hope CentOS 6 provides up-to-date enough versions for Python and iptables so that its easy to build MediaProxy there.

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects