[OpenSIPS-Users] How to extract passwords from the subscriber table?

Tiberiu Breana tiberiu.breana at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 17:02:02 CEST 2011

Hello.

I want to use some custom RADIUS authentication requests with
radius_send_auth, but it seems this can't work without sending the user's
password.
I'm trying to extract user passwords from the subscriber table using the
example from the avpops manual:

avp_db_query("select password from subscriber where username='$tu'",
"$avp(i:678)");

But I get this error:

ERROR:avpops:fixup_db_query_avp: no db url defined to be used by this
function
ERROR:core:fix_actions: fixing failed (code=-6) at cfg line 308
ERROR:core:main: failed to fix configuration with err code -6

I guess I need to add a db_url ID to the query's parameters, but I don't
know what the subscriber table's ID is. What is it? Or, how can I set it?
Is there a simpler way to obtain a user's password and put it in a variable?

Regards,
Tiberiu