[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS db schema on PostgreSQL

Ryan Revels ryan at revelous.net
Tue Jul 26 19:21:29 CEST 2011

I am attempting to install OpenSIPS 1.7 using PostgreSQL as the DB. I'm
using the latest OpenSIPS 1.7 subversion on Debian Squeeze and
postgresql-9.0.

After configuring opensipsctlrc, I first encounter this error:
root at core-dev:~# opensipsdbctl create
-e \E[37;31mERROR: ~./pgpass does not exist, please create this file and
support proper credentials for user postgres.

This (~./pgpass) is obviously a typo. Nonetheless, for some reason
opensipsdbctl needs a file at ~/.pgpass before it will attempt to run. I
have yet to figure out what this file is actually used for...

Then, I am repeatedly prompted for the DB root user's password as
opensipsdbctl creates the schema:
root at core-dev:~# opensipsdbctl create
-e \E[37;33mINFO: creating database opensips ...
Password for user postgres:
Password for user postgres:
Password for user postgres:
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / UNIQUE will create implicit index
"version_t_name_idx" for table "version"
Password for user postgres:

Finally, it spits out the following error and fails:
ERROR:  relation "dr_gateways_id_seq" does not exist
-e \E[37;31mERROR: Grant privileges to standard tables failed!

What am I doing incorrectly?

Thanks,
Ryan